Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Little Fun With Texas...

If you love Texas or live here, let me apologize in advance. I'm just having a little fun here OK?

We will wrap up our visit to Texas this Friday, March 6, 2009. To be honest - I'm glad. While we haven't seen anything but the Rio Grande Valley in southern Texas, and the San Antonio/San Marcos area, there's just too much wind, too much dust and too many sand burrs around here. We need to get to a greener place.

I thought I'd share a few pictures with you!




This here is the famous Texas Pride BBQ, (San Antonio) place that was featured on Diners, Dive-ins and Drives. The Brisket was good, but I found a better place in Lockhart, TX! I would recommend a visit to either one of these places if you're in the area, but I'd eat at ANY BBQ place, so that really means noting I guess. hehee.




Now THIS place is the famous Black's BBQ located in Lockhart, TX and it's the oldest BBQ place in the whole state! I HAD to eat at this place, so one day while Kathy was sick and wanted me to get out of her face, I snuck away from San Marcos, drove 20 miles and ordered me some brisket and ribs. I was the BEST brisket AND ribs I ever had. I was SOOO happy! I even brought my darling wife some back to the RV to share with her. Good thing I bought a pound of meat too cause even Kathy loved it and she's not a big meat person like I am.