Saturday, June 21, 2008

What day Is It?

A funny thing happened on the way to eat Thursday.

We had been told that a local resturant, The Buffalo Head, served a great fish fry diner every Friday so we planned on treating ourselves to a night out on Friday. We try to cook at home as much as possible, so going out to dinner is a little treat for us ;)

Thursday, Kathy asks me what time I wanted to eat at The Buffalo Head resturant and I just said, "Whenever you're ready honey!"

Sweet! We're going out to eat on Thursday AND Friday! I guess Kathy doesn't feel like cooking tonight. So off we go to get our selves something to eat...

On the way to the resturant Kathy asks me, "You are going to get the fish fry special aren't you?" Uh oh. Kathy thinks it's FRIDAY and it's THURSDAY.

"Uh honey... today is Thursday. I thought you were just tired and didn't want to cook diner tonight."

"WHAT?? Today's THURSDAY?? No it's not. It's Friday! It's gotta be Friday! If it's not Friday let's go back to camp and I'll whip us up some diner."

"WHAT?? You want to turn around just because it's Thursday? Oh no. I'm all geared up to eat a nice big juicy burger and besides... I'm all dressed up! I have on NEW socks!"'

"Well, I don't think today is Thursday. Let's just go get something to eat."

"Yes dear."

When we walk into the resturant, I casually ask the waitress, "When do you guys have your big fish fry? Today or tomorrow on Friday?"

"Tomorrow - on Friday's," she replied.

Kathy shakes her head, grinning at me, "I thought for sure today was Friday."

"What month is it honey?"

"It's JUNE!"

Yep. It's June. At least we haven't lost track of the month yet. hehehe