Saturday, June 14, 2008

$27 Toll & $5.13/gal Diesel & $7 cigs

On our way from Niagara falls to our next stop ( somewhere in NH to meet our friend, Catherine) we took I-90 east across the state as it was the shortest route. Didn't know it was a toll road. We drove about 180 miles on I-90 and it cost us $27 to get off. I also didn't fill my tank up before I got on I-90, so I had to stop at one of the "service centers" to get some go juice. It cost me $5.13 a freaking gallon. Yikes!

And the cost of cigarettes! Yeah, yeah I smoke and I know I should quit. NY apparently passed a new tax law on June 6th 2008 that added a $2.50 TAX on a PACK of smokes. I went to buy a pack and it was $6.88 PLUS sales tax which put it right at $7.00. You have to be kidding me??? I need to get out of this state just becuse of that! Or maybe I should cut down on smoking a little? Naw... I'll have someone Fedex me a carton! That would be cheaper!

The campground where we're staying for a week (just killing time) is
http://www.campadirondack.com/ and it's very pretty! Someone had set up camp in our reserved spot, so I found myself backing up into another site which made me a little nervous as I had to "wiggle" my RV into the spot. Thankfully, I had 3 guys helping me back in.

We went to listen to a Blue grass band tonight, cooked steak & chicken on the grill and now it's bed time.


SEE CAMP PICTURES HERE >>

This campground is great. It's 25 miles from a major store and a few miles from any main road, so the only thing I hear in the morning are the chirping of the birds, the hammering of a wood pecker somewhere around here, and the hum of mosquitoes buzzing around my head. We can't get satellite reception here because of the tree cover, but we do get FOX, ABC & NBC through our antenna! I got to watch the US Open ( I was rooting for the other guy, not Tiger because, well... Tiger just didn't NEED to win again. But he did anyway. Sigh.) so I'm good. Reading & fishing are your best bets here.

I've also learned that only the real BIG black flys hurt when they bite you. The little one I just ignore :)

Saturday, we're off to Exeter, NH for 2 days to visit with a friend of ours from Jacksonville. Then we're meeting another friend from Jacksonville in Ware, MA for another 2 days. Small world!

After that, we want to find a place in NH, ME, VT, or MA where we can just park for a month or so and enjoy the cooler summers of the north!