Monday, February 9, 2009

Mexico and The RGV

Geesh! We've been in Texas for 2 weeks now and the freaking wind is RELENTLESS! How windy is it?
  1. It's so windy I can't grill because the wind blows the flame out.
  2. It's so windy that I had to pull in one of my slides last night because I thought the plastic rain cover over the slide was going to tear due to all the flopping around.
  3. It's so windy that everyone around here has their clothes line ( I know - some people actually still dry their clothes outside...) tied down!
  4. It's so windy that I have to SIT in my patio chair to keep it from blowing away.
  5. It's so windy I can't even smell my own farts.
And last but not least: We have a 2'x2' fold-up metal table that we put in between our chairs to sit our drinks on. I put a rock on it the other day to keep it from blowing over. Kathy comes out of the RV, feels the wind, looks at the table and says, "You're going to need a bigger rock."


I don't care what people say, that right thar was FUNNY!
We are staying at Tropic Winds RV Resort in Harlingen, TX which is about 15 miles from the border town of Progreso Mexico. We went there today to buy prescription drugs! And liquor!  Wasn't worth the trip after we had to pay all the taxes to get back into the U.S.
Reminded me of my old Navy days and trips to Tijuana. Same stuff was there I think. Mexico is a little different today though. I could tell because there was about 10 guys from the Mexican army sitting around the border crossing with machine guns. Apparently there's a small drug problem in Mexico now days. HA!



As you can see, it's a lot of fun in Mexico now!  Not.
We did get a good buy on 2 bottles of Crown Royal though. That's our favorite refreshment you know.
Anyway, here's some more pics...