Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tis The Day Before...

Well, our house came back appraised at $360K just as we thought, so we of course lowered the sale price another $5,000. Buyers are fine with that! Merry Freakin Christmas Buyers. After our selling expenses and including the $88K in improvements WE put in over the last 2 years - our loss is right at $100,000 on this place. That's about a 25% decrease in value. Just like I was telling people who wanted to sell their home in this market when I was a REALTOR - if you don't HAVE to sell now... then DON'T! We DID and we paid the price, but that was our decision.

The latest: Yesterday the buyers agent told us that our buyer, who is pregnant and due on 5-13, was "dilated" and may be in the hospital on Friday which is the day we were supposed to close. "We may have to move the closing date out another few days." This is their 1st kid and the husband has said that he would NOT leave his wife to go to closing if she were in labor. I guess I can understand that. BUT... if they have any more curtain climbers, I know the guy will be saying, "Just call me when you're done." HA! Freakin kids... they start trouble before they take a breath and 25 years later, they're STILL a PIA. ( Just kidding my darling children! We love you :))) Sigh. Cough.

"Oh hell no, we can't delay our closing!" If anything we move it UP and try to close a day early! Sign that paper work BEFORE that baby drops! I got movers coming today and we're supposed to actually BUY our RV on Friday 5-9. It's all about me, me, me, me, me!

So today (Thursday 5-8) we are waiting to see if the lender can get the HUD docs to the title company before close of business and maybe, just maybe, we'll close today. Movers are coming at 8:30am regardless.