Saturday, May 24, 2008

Back in Jacksonville...

Our maiden voyage is behind us and we are sitting in the camping area at Rivers RV for another 5 days or so through Memorial weekend. We took my mother-in-law, Pat, on our trip and had a great time except for one little thing :) When we stopped at the grocery store after 100 miles THIS is what my rock guard looked like.

I have no idea HOW this happened, but I had to do a little sewing with speaker wire to attach the rubber flap back onto the frame to get us home ( to the dealer!). No big deal. Tiffin is replacing the flap, but they had to order it and have it shipped to Jacksonville. Since we were supposed to leave for Charleston, SC Sat. morning to see my daughter I asked the dealer, "Why don't you just pull a guard off one on the lot, give THAT one to me, and when the new one comes in, put it back on the one on the lot?"



Nope. Couldn't do that. Hmmm. "OK, then I'll be camping FREE right over there in your area until my rock guard comes in!" That was OK with them, and we get another week of free camping! Wheeeeeee.


Since we're not on any schedule it really doesn't
matter when we get there now does it? I have a new "signature" for us - it's "Never in a hurry."

Hopefully, we'll leave for Charleston Wed. or Thursday :)

Cheers!
Ameriplan



UPDATE ON MUDGUARD: On sat. morning, a tech from the dealer knocked on my door and asked me if I would like for him to take a NEW guard off a RV on the lot and replace my damaged rock guard. Hmmmm... yesterday they told me they couldn't do that, and today it "no problem." makes me wonder if they want to get rid of us! HA! Of course I said yes!

BUT... we had already cancelled our reservations in Charleston for Sat., and because it is memorial weekend, all the campgrounds are full. So we'll stay here until Tuesday morning and begin our slow trip North then. Looks like we're finally getting ready to actually LEAVE Jacksonville! YEAH! And now, I'm off to my in-laws to grill some burgers & dogs.

Happy Memorial Day!
Steve & Kathy