Monday, August 16, 2010

Elvis Is Leaving The Building

I'm writing this morning, as I know I will not be able to think about doing it later today. Steve and I have decided that today is the day we need to say good bye to our best little buddy, Elvis. He has had another stroke, and the medicine he is on is not working. He can barely walk and doesn't really know where he is. Steve has to lift him off the tile floor because he can't get up. We will miss him so much and the thought of waking up tomorrow without him is breaking my heart. He's going to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for us. We love you Elvis!!!  Below is the most beautiful poem I found at the Jax Humane Society Cemetary last week while I was walking dogs.  It says it all.  Our little buddy will be there waiting for us and I hope he finds Raider and Katie, the dogs he grew up with.







http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm