Friday, June 12, 2009

Monterey Bay, Cannery Row, 17 Mile Drive

So, here we are along the gorgeous coastline of Monterey Bay. We are staying in Gilroy, about 30 miles away. It's the Garlic Capital of the World as well as near the Artichoke Capital of the World
so today we are going to get some baked garlic and deep fried artichoke. I'll be sleeping in the living room tonight ya' betcha!!!

Everything was just so beautiful along Pacific Coast Highway; oh, yeah, until we started climbing, climbing, and more climbing along a road with NO guardrails. I could only peek up occasionally to look at the view. Even Steve was a bit nervous. We were in the car with Elvis, not stupid enough (almost, but not quite stupid enough) to even think about taking the RV on the road. Anyway, didn't get a lot of pics as I was cowering in the back seat and Elvis doesn't have opposable thumbs, so all we got was this "borrowed picture" of Bixby Bridge. I went over it twice and didn't like it coming or going!

Yeah, tomorrow we are off to San Francisco for a full week.......................will send around new pics then.

Someday, I hope to be on flat, level, beach and streets. Someplace, like say, oh, Jacksonville, FL? I hear there aren't many mountains there. I'm almost, not quite, but almost DONE with mountains!!!!!

Enjoy the pics, thanks for staying in touch. If you want to view them large screen, I guess you would know to click on the picture. This is for my sister, who I am trying to get to learn to use this new machine, called the PC.

Miss you all,

Kathy