Saturday, April 25, 2009

LOTS OF GREAT PICTURES!!!!!!!

I JUST REALIZED THAT STEVE WASN'T PUTTING OUR SLIDESHOWS ON THE BLOG, SO I "POLITELY" ASKED HIM TO SHOW ME HOW TO MAKE THESE LINKS. THEY ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS NEW POST. HOPE YOU ALL TAKE A LOOK WHEN YOU CAN. SEDONA, AZ, LAS VEGAS, DEATH VALLEY AND A GREAT PLACE CALLED "OATMAN" AZ, RIGHT ACROSS FROM LAUGHLIN, NV. I'M GOING TO PARTICIPATE MORE IN PUTTING ON THE PICS NOW THAT I KNOW HOW. Kathy

Since we were done gambling, which didn't take long, there wasn't a whole lot more to do here. Our new park is very nice and we staked out a great spot right across from the pool and hot tub. No one but us uses the hot tub, and we've been taking our Pina Coladas over there in the evening. Lots of palm trees and nice tropical weather, that with just enough rum, you can sort of close your eyes and think you are in the tropics! Almost, not quite. Anyway, it's also a good way for me to help heal my back as I was playing Yoga the other night and hurt it pretty badly.

So, we've been taking it pretty easy and decided on a road trip to Death Valley, 50 miles yonder' up the road. I really didn't want to ride because I was in pain, but I am so glad I went. I hope you take a look at the slide show. We got some great pics; it's just hard to describe. We went from our RV Park, at Pahrump, NV, about 2500 feet above sea level to Furnace Creek at the bottom of Death Valley at MINUS 230 FEET SEA LEVEL!!!!! Also, the temperature went from a "cool" 84° in Pahrump to 105° at Furnace Creek. We only walked around a bit; there is one beautiful hotel there, the Furnace Creek Inn, and campground/hotel/RV Park a but further. It had little tourist shops and a couple of restaurants there. Tourist buses in and out. So, there is another place on our list to be crossed off........................so glad I didn't miss it. Hope you like the pictures.

Oh, sidebar................Parhump, NV is the ONLY place (that we know of) in the United States where prostitution is legal!!! Really; they have "cat" houses here. We saw a sign for a "Brothel Museum" and we thought, what the heck; then Steve researched it on the Internet and it's NOT a museum.........................!!!!!! So, we WON'T have any pictures for that.

http://picasaweb.google.com/steve11352/DeathValley?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/steve11352/LasVegas?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/steve11352/OatmanAZ?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/steve11352/SedonaAZ?feat=directlink

We are off Tuesday for 18 days in Palm Desert, Desert Hot Springs and Palm Springs, CA. Probably won't do a lot there but work on my tan and use the hot springs for my back. If you don't hear from us, don't worry, we'll be in the springs having a cold one for you!!!!

Kathy and Steve