Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Maine Trip

Well, here's my version. Not so different from Steve's. Anyway, we decided to kennel Elvis (his idea) so we could not be attached by leash to the dog, and it actually went better than I expected. Found a really good kennel, and when we got back, Elvis barely noticed we'd been gone. However, he's not letting us out of his sight at ALL!! Smart doggie.

I didn't delete that horrid picture of me sleeping, cause Steve asked me not to and I figured I could get a LOT of mileage out of that little courtesy I did. I'll be milking that one for weeks! Ha!!!!

I knew I'd never make it up the elevator in the Observation Tower, so I didn't even give it 2 seconds thought. Steve tells people I get a fear of heights when I put on thick socks..............he may be right! I really DID want to go up to the top of Acadia National Park, up to Cadillac Mountain. It just didn't work that way. About 3/4 of the way up, the road was so so steep and the only borders were big rocks. I take my mountain roads wide, with large heavy duty guardrails, if I have to be on them at all.

After Steve got us down off the mountain, he even said that road made him a little nervous. So, yeah, beautful, but I'm gonna leave that to the rock climbers!

So, we are glad to be back in Exeter, and are looking forward to the Independence Day Celebration this Saturday. Will post pics from that.

Again, thanks for following our adventures. Take care everyone!!

DON'T FORGET TO LOOK AT THE PICTURE LINK ON STEVE'S PORTION OF THE BLOG JUST BELOW THIS. THERE ARE SOME GREAT PICTURES OF MAINE!